Who is this for?
- Unaccompanied children and young people must be over 16 years of age.
Who provides this?
- West Lothian Women’s Aid (WLWA)
West Lothian Women’s Aid (WLWA) is the sole charitable organisation in West Lothian working exclusively to provide information, support and assistance to women, children and young people who are experiencing domestic abuse. The charity has been operating in West Lothian since 1980 and provides a range of services including:
- a specialist information support telephone service from 9.00 am – 4.00 pm weekdays offering women experiencing domestic abuse information, support, and safety advice
- emergency temporary safe accommodation and resettlement support for women, children, and young people (for up to 16 women and 17 accompanying children at any one time).
- one-to-one support for women, children, and young people (based on a person-centred case working approach)
- an outreach support service for women, children and young people living out with WLWA properties
- out of hours “on-call” support for women in safe accommodation over evenings and weekends
- provision of recovery focussed peer support group programmes including the Freedom Programme: https://www.freedomprogramme.co.uk
- a counselling support service for women who have experienced domestic abuse
- activity programmes for children and young people to support recovery from domestic abuse
- awareness-raising activities (training and involvement in campaigns) for partner organisations
- a multi-agency approach, working collaboratively with other agencies to address the needs of women, children, and young people
How do I access this?
- Referrals by third parties
- Service is appointment only
Is there a cost?
Is there a waiting list?
- Public parking available
- Translation service available
|Monday||9.00 am – 4.30 pm|
|Tuesday||9.00 am – 4.30 pm|
|Wednesday||9.00 am – 4.30 pm|
|Thursday||9.00 am – 4.30 pm|
|Friday||9.00 am – 4.30 pm|