Who is this for?
- Families and guardians of young people aged between 0-18 years old who have additional support needs (whether or not they have received a formal diagnosis)
Who provides this?
* During Covid-19, Signpost staff are working from home so please contact them by email at firstname.lastname@example.org giving your name, phone number and brief details of your enquiry, and someone will call you back.
Signpost is a small, local charity that covers the whole of West Lothian. Its team of 5 part-time staff support families of young people age 0-18, with additional support needs and disabilities, helping them to navigate the many challenges they face. The team actively listen to parents/carers and help them to evaluate options and make a plan to move forward. They help families to communicate what matters to them when they feel unheard and develop their skills, knowledge and confidence to make decisions. They offer informal emotional support and signposting to mental health services if appropriate.
Whatever the problem, the Signpost team are ‘here to help’. If Signpost can’t help, the team will direct families to a more appropriate service or support.
The service is open to families whether or not a formal diagnosis has been given.
Signpost offers various workshops and longer training courses for family members. This will be posted on its events page here: www.signpost-online.co.uk/Pages/Events. Courses includes:
- Getting through the day with autism
- Moving on from school to adulthood
- Dads’ information sessions about autism
Signpost also offer in-service sessions for professionals, which can be adapted to the needs of a particular group.
How do I access this?
- Referrals by third parties
Is there a cost?
Most services are free to families, children’s clubs or training courses may have a small cost
Is there a waiting list?
Some of the training courses have a waiting list. Please get in touch to find out more.
- Public parking available
- Wheelchair access
|Monday||9.00 am – 4.30 pm|
|Tuesday||9.00 am – 4.30 pm|
|Wednesday||9.00 am – 4.30 pm|
|Thursday||9.00 am – 4.30 pm|
|Friday||9.00 am – 1.00 pm|