Who is this for?
- People aged 60 years old and over
Who provides this?
The Older People Active Lives (OPAL) service supports older people to increase their independence and wellbeing.
OPAL can connect you with a team of dedicated volunteers who offer encouragement, companionship and assistance. OPAL offers the following options if you are looking to re-engage with social, leisure and community activities:
At present, OPAL is not taking referrals for face-to-face support (home visits, walks, driving to activities etc). We will look at this over the upcoming months and gradually introduced it on a small scale.
If face-to-face support is requested on the referral form, the team will return it to the referrer as this service is not creating a waiting list at this time. It will only accept referrals for the services that we are offering which are listed below:
Referrals can be made by completing the attached form, emailing it to email@example.com, by phone or by post.
Current support available through OPAl:
A volunteer will call an older person for a chat.
OPAL Puzzle Pack
Fortnightly pack filled with quizzes, puzzles & other useful information to keep the mind active.
Telephone support to help get connected online including OPAL groups
Mail Mates/Blether Buddies
Match like-minded people together for calls or as pen-pals
OPAL Zoom Groups:
- Bathgate Wanderers walking group – Fortnightly Monday 1.00 – 2.00pm (launching 23 August)
- OPAL Kitchen cooking demonstration – First Tuesday of every month 2.00 – 3.00 pm
- Linlithgow Wanderers walking group – Fortnightly Tuesday 11.00 am – 12.00 pm (launching 20 July)
- OPAL Voices singing group – Fortnightly on Tuesday afternoons 2.00 – 3.00pm
- OPAL Zoom Room (quizzes, entertainment, games, exercise) – Weekly on Wednesdays 2.00 – 3.00 pm
- OPAL Reading Room – Last Thursday of the month (launching 29 July) 11.00 am – 12.00 pm
- Musical Memories (musical themed group, listening to different musical genres, reminiscing about music, watching musicals) – Weekly on Thursdays 2.00 – 3.00 pm
How do I access this?
- Referrals by third parties
Referrals can be made by completing the referral form and emailing it to firstname.lastname@example.org, by phone or by post.
Is there a cost?
Is there a waiting list?
- Wheelchair access
|Monday||9.00 am – 5.00 pm|
|Tuesday||9.00 am – 5.00 pm|
|Wednesday||9.00 am – 5.00 pm|
|Thursday||9.00 am – 5.00 pm|
|Friday||9.00 am – 5.00 pm|