Who is this for?
- Anyone aged between 18 – 65 years old and those who fall under the Mental Health (Care and Treatment) Act 2003
Who provides this?
- Mental Health Advocacy Project SCIO – MHAP
MHAP is an individual advocacy service. MHAP works with people in the hospital and community on the following topics:
- The Mental Health Act; including Advance Statements and Named Person
- The Adult with Incapacity Act
- The Adult Support & Protection Act
- care and treatment
- Benefits and finances
- Criminal justice system
Individual advocacy can support you with meetings and appointments and communicate on your behalf or help you to communicate with others. You may feel you need support with:
- understanding your rights if you are detained in hospital.
- attending medical appointments or reviews
- speaking to people involved in your care and treatment
- help to find information about and help to access services
- financial matters
- attending appointments for housing, criminal etc.
- helping you know your rights
This list is not exhaustive so please discuss your individual situation with the MHAP team.
How do I access this?
- Referrals by third parties
Is there a cost?
Is there a waiting list?
- Public parking available
|Monday||9.00 am – 5.00 pm|
|Tuesday||9.00 am – 5.00 pm|
|Wednesday||9.00 am – 5.00 pm|
|Thursday||9.00 am – 5.00 pm|
|Friday||9.00 am – 3.00 pm|