Who is this for?
- Workers/volunteers in services for adults 24 years old and over.
Who provides this?
- ASH Scotland (Action on Smoking and Health)
The IMPACT Project provides free training and resources to workers and volunteers from the Third Sector, Local Authorites and the NHS about the adverse effects on mental health of smoking tobacco.
Sessions are currently delivered online through Zoom usually, although can be delivered through Teams also. There is a one hour and two-hour session.
The one-hour session includes:
- the effect of tobacco smoke on mental health medications
- how to approach having a conversation about smoking and mental health
- e-cigarettes (vaping)
- where to get support to quit
The two-hour session included everything the one-hour session has as well as:
• the IMPACT guidance document
• the wider benefits of providing very brief advice about smoking and mental health
• how conversations about smoking and mental health support workplace priorities
There are more details and resources at www.impact.scot
How do I access this?
- By contacting Jim O’Rorke
- registering through Eventbrite: ASH Scotland Events | Eventbrite
Is there a cost?
Is there a waiting list?
- Currently online
Monday to Friday between 9.00 am to 5.00 pm