Who is this for?
- Anyone aged between 18 – 65 years old and those who fall under the Mental Health (Care and Treatment) Act 2003
Who provides this?
- Mental Health Advocacy Project SCIO – MHAP
MHAP offers collective advocacy which helps individuals to join together to discuss issues and take forward views that may influence change. It offers a shared voice rather than singling out individuals.
It can help to:
- enable people to raise awareness and influence service planning and provision
- make use of people’s shared experiences so that they can have a stronger and more influential collective voice
- address difficulties that service users are encountering with any aspect of their care and treatment, whilst affected by illness or addiction
- challenge stigma and discrimination
MHAP co-ordinate and support West Lothian Service Users’ Forum and The Voice West Lothian, Service Users Forum for people with substance abuse problems.
How do I access this?
- Referrals by third parties
Is there a cost?
Is there a waiting list?
- Public parking available
|Monday||9.00 am – 5.00 pm|
|Tuesday||9.00 am – 5.00 pm|
|Wednesday||9.00 am – 5.00 pm|
|Thursday||9.00 am – 5.00 pm|
|Friday||9.00 am – 3.00 pm|